2922 Compton

Single Family Gut Rehab

Tower Grove East Neighborhood

2000 Homer Award Winner for Outstanding Total Renovation

HISTORY: The John Venverloh House 
In 1894 John Venverloh, a shoe dealer, hired architect Henry Schaumburg and contractor John Walschhauser to design and build this home for $3,500. Originally, the address was actually 2918, but the number was changed in the mid-1920s to 2922.

The Venverlohs sold the house in 1905 to Charles and Ida Steinmeyer for $5,050 and in 1920, the Steinmeyers sold it to Harry and Isabel Stiebel. Four years later, the Stiebels sold the home to William and Mary Steis and five months after that it was sold to William Lexa. Mr. Lexa held onto the property until 1967. This grand building would endure three additional owners before finally being sold to Millennium for redevelopment in 1999. 

© Millennium Restoration and Development Corporation | 3016 South Jefferson, St. Louis, MO 63118 | mrdcorp.com | 314.772.9200
Millennium Logo