2919 Michigan

Single Family Gut Rehab

Tower Grove East Neighborhood

2003 Homer Award Winner for 
Outstanding Adaptive/Historic Renovation

HISTORY: The Phillip Betz House
This historic home was built by Phillip Betz in 1894. The very next year, Mr. Betz sold the property to Joseph Kolar and Frank Leida for $3,100. Mr. Kolar was as a tailor and Mr. Leida, a woodworker.

This lovely light brick building went through several additional owners before Esther Nations bought the property in 1950. Esther then married William A. Raming who was an employee at the Anheuser-Busch brewery and they resided at this address for more than forty years.By 1907 the home had acquired a new owner, Joseph Milloskewski who purchased the property for $3,900. The two-family dwelling was owned by the Milloskewski family until 1920 with the owners living in one unit and renting out the second.

By the late 1990s the property had fallen into a state of disrepair and the St. Louis Land Reutilization Authority [LRA] sold it to Millennium who did the restoration. Upon completion, it was purchased by a private owner in 2003.

This project is funded in part by a grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Community Development Agency under the Provisions of Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act 1974 (P.L. 93-838).

© Millennium Restoration and Development Corporation | 3016 South Jefferson, St. Louis, MO 63118 | mrdcorp.com | 314.772.9200
Millennium Logo